The RV2 Certificate is an entry level designation. RV2 certificate holders are permitted to perform the following functions on a mobile home, recreational vehicle or trailer under the direct supervision of an RV1 certificate holder:
- Re-light appliances that have been operating in a satisfactory and safe condition
- Clean/lubricate appliances
- Remove and re-connect propane appliances
- Conduct a leak test of the propane system and appliances
- Exchange cylinders and replace O rings on the POL fitting.
Under the direct supervision of an RV1, the RV2 certificate holder may perform all of the functions that fall within the scope of an RV1. No one is permitted to work with or handle propane, propane containers, piping/tubing, propane appliances or components unless they are certified.
Prospective students can observe an RV1 performing specific tasks, but may not perform those tasks until they become certificate holders.
Pre-requisite – there is no pre-requisite for this course. Minimum 1 month employment in an RV service area is recommended. (Must be 16 years or older and have completed Grade 10)
RV2 (entry level):
December 6 - 9, 2022 - Owasco RV, Bowmanville, ON (registration is closed - full capacity)
January 3 - 6, 2023 - Keith's Trailer Sales, Erin, ON - space still available
January 24 - 27, 2023 - The HItch House, Oro-Medonte, ON (registration is closed - full capacity)
To register, you’ll need:
- Registration Form: call the ORVDA office at 1 888 331 8885 or email here
- Limited spots - register today!
An information package will be emailed to you and emailed to your dealer contact once registration and full payment are received at the ORVDA office.
*There is no refunds for any cancelled registrations.
Please contact the ORVDA office at 905-659-8800 or email us here.