The RV1 Certificate is an advanced designation that allows you to Install, alter, purge, activate, repair, service or remove:
- Any propane consuming non-vented, direct vent or power vent appliances installed in a Recreational Vehicle, Mobile Home or Trailer.
- Cylinders, regulators, hose and tubing to supply the appliances.
It does not allow you to install, alter, purge, activate, repair, service or remove:
- Any natural gas appliance. You may convert appliances from natural gas to propane provided they are approved for it.
- Any natural draft appliance regardless of where it is installed.
- Any underground tubing.
- Any propane storage tank that is not part of the vehicle.
Pre-requisite for this course is the technician must hold his/her RV2 certificate
with a continuous 6 months minimum working under the direct supervision of an RV1 certified technician.
*Please contact the ORVDA office to add your name to the waitlist for the next RV1 course.
The next RV2 & RV1 courses will be held Fall/Winter of 2022/2023. To be added to the student waitlist or to receive a registration form, call the ORVDA office at 1 888 331 8885
To register, you’ll need:
- Registration Form: call the ORVDA office at 1 888 331 8885 or email here
- Work Experience Memo: see sample here. Please submit on company letterhead
The TSSA requires student registration 20 business days prior to the course date.
An information package will be emailed to you and emailed to your dealer contact once registration and full payment are received at the ORVDA office.
*There is no refund for cancelled registrations.
Please contact the ORVDA office at 905-659-8800 or email us here.